art & design inspiration

Saturday 18 June 2011

BERLIN

Recently my boyfriend and I went on a trip to Berlin.  We both totally fell in love with the city.  What came to our immediate attention was that it was so laid back and relaxed.  Dotted around the city are memorials, reflective on the city's troubled past,  each reinforcing positive messages of peace.  There's lots of greenery, a really lovely place to just wander and people watch.























Berlin is a designer's city.  Street art surrounds you, Berliners are hip and trendy, and if you look closely there are remnants of old school retro design everywhere, which I loved.  We were lucky to have gorgeous weather, and sat to refuel at quite a few beer gardens- some great outdoor places to just chill. 


My favourite area of the city was Prenzlauerberg- but I definitely want to go back and explore some more!





No comments:

Post a Comment